The EMD 2018 conference programme includes:
- 18 stakeholders workshops covering a wide range of topical themes: Aquaculture and the blue bio-economy, on marine litter, digitalization and big data, marine research, innovation, ports, maritime security, spatial planning, offshore energy and ocean literacy.
- A political opening, with Karmenu Vella, European Commissioner for Environment, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries and Iskra Mihaylova, Chair of the Regional Development Committee at the European Parliament. Karmenu Vella together with Ivaylo Moskovski, Bulgarian Minister of Transport, Information Technology and Communications will welcome a number of fellow Ministers around the Black Sea to share their vision for the development of the Blue economy in the region (Ministerial Declaration towards a Common Maritime Agenda in the Black Sea).
- A plenary debate on what we termed ‘Big Bang Black Sea’ with leaders from the European Union, national governments, international organizations and NGOs to discuss challenges and opportunities for sustainable blue growth in the Black Sea.
- Three DG MARE info sessions on Measuring the EU Blue Economy, Turning Marine Litter into a sustainable business, and Financing strategic cooperation for Blue Growth.
- A plenary session on European funds post 2020 – what’s new? that will provide an indication on the expected future funding landscape for fisheries and blue growth as well as for maritime research and innovation.
- A networking reception in a splendid location looking out to the harbour, an exhibition and a pitch stage during the networking breaks.
You can find more about the event here.
See you in Bulgaria!